Sales Manager Sacramento, CA
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility, or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Under the direction of the Sr. Vice President, this position will be primarily responsible for the regional business development, sales engineering, estimating, and project management of new mechanical contracts. Successful performers in this position will have the ability to develop, maintain, and enhance client relationships.
- Project Coordinator
- Project Engineers
- Project Managers
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Increase revenue and profits for the assigned region for the Construction Group by increasing project opportunities across All ACCO products and increasing customers in the local market.
- Develop bid strategies for the assigned region including risk management through the bid review and analysis process to determine the appropriate mark-up on projects
- Optimize Project Management teams and project assignments for plumbing and mechanical including assigning clients and projects to appropriate Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Ensure that the teams are appropriately leveraging the company�s resources and that any imbalances are addressed
- Supervision of full-cycle project management, from the inception of sales, the leadership of client meetings, development of contracts, scheduling and coordination of pre-construction job meetings with department heads and supervisors, finalize sales, through to successful job completion.
- Actively participate in our regular local department leadership meetings.
- Provide leadership and coordination of all ACCO department efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction, and Service during project construction in a timely manner
- Contributions to and participation in special studies, committees, etc., to advance ACCO's technical abilities in engineering, planning, estimating, and installation procedures
- Build trust and positive working relationships with your peers within your region, peers at ACCO major customers, and all current PMs and PEs.
- Validate all relationships with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and the industry to be of higher value to ACCO and the project
- Represent ACCO at local industry events, participate on industry boards and committees
Talent/Training and Development
- Manage employee performance effectively and within the risk tolerance of ACCO
- Review and assist in the career and personal development and mentorship of all direct reports
- Work with your direct supervisor and HR Business Partner to maintain a positive work environment and provide a career path for individuals that show promise for increased responsibilities
- Effectively manage and resolve personnel issues and partner with HR to resolve issues with non-performing employees using the proper HR guidelines
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, and retain high performing Project Management talent and improve Project Management skills and proficiencies of the regional team as outlined in the PM Portfolio
- Participate in the multi-departmental recruiting and interviewing effort of new candidates for Engineering, Service, and Construction sales.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree in a similar or relevant field of study
- 10+ years of experience in estimating, designing and managing mechanical projects
- 10+ years of experience in successfully managing a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to building a relationship of trust and confidence with senior leadership
- Demonstrate a commitment to uphold ACCO�s ethics policy
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership and team building
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues
- Ability to operate independently and possess the discretionary judgment to know when it's appropriate to consult with others in the organization
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
- Strong Communication skills
Additional Skills/Abilities Preferred, but Not Required:
- MBA or Master�s level educational degree
- Licensed PE
- Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one�s level/position and with minimal supervision.
- Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals despite challenges and to bounce back from adversity.
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Teamwork: The ability to effectively work toward common goals with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in an authentic and approachable manner.
- Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations� short- and long-term business strategy. On a personal level have independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career success.
- Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals takes responsibility, and shows personal humility.
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feed, back; demonstrating openness to learning and change.
- Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a problem in support of personal, group, department, or organizational objectives.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the job include the ability to hear customers calling by telephone.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit.
- This individual must be a responsible person and regular attendance is required.
Hours: This is an exempt position Monday through Friday beginning between 7:00 am and ending at 7:00 pm. Hours may vary per business needs.
Travel: 15% of the time to and from the primary office to regional or corporate branch offices.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.