Position Description : Reporting to VP, this position will create product demand by working with OEMs,distributors, and resellers. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of product line and market segments.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate service levels.
- Meet or exceed the new business sales goals.
- Identify, justify and promote new product development opportunities in both existing and new markets.
- Manage two direct reports with a focus on performance, accountability, and growth.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Continuously monitor customer activity, market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Regularly meet with upper management to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Other duties, as assigned including travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience selling a technical product using relationship selling techniques
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel up to 50%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience using ERP/CRM to manage a customer base
- Self-Starter and willing to put together customer/distributor visits with little outside influence
- Experience selling to pneumatic or Hydraulic OEM's and Distributors
- Familiarity with ASME certified products
About the Company: Vertically integrated manufacturer of valves and controls supplying original equipment manufacturers and distributors worldwide.