This position is responsible for marketing a product or group of products to achieve annual objectives. Incumbent maintains business with existing clients by providing quality client service, and efficient and timely delivery of products. Incumbent expands the business by researching the market to find new suppliers, customers or methods that the product can be used in another segment of the market. Negotiates contracts, requests credit checks, and arranges for the transportation of the product. May complete documentation or may supervise the completion of it by the administration staff.
- Promotes new business for a product or group of products. Researches the market to determine potential customers. Establishes contact with them, initiates commercial business/trial orders and builds a business relationship. Prepares bids, and if successful with the bid, negotiates all facets of the contract. Once a company is a customer, incumbent seeks to expand the business and the services provided. The business may be import, export, offshore or domestic.
- Maintains existing business with established clients, by processing their orders, ensuring that their purchase arrives on an efficient, timely basis and addressing their inquiries. Consistently works to expand and strengthen the client relationship.
- For both established and new clients, incumbent negotiates sales contracts with the objective of maximizing profit yet providing value to both the supplier and customer. Requires cost analyses and cash flow analyses to determine the appropriate buying and selling prices. May prepare the documents required for the processing of the business transaction. May delegate this to the administration or operations staff.
- May be responsible for the management of a subsidiary that originated from a segment of Company business. Manages the day to day operation, including staff assigned to the subsidiary, and authorizes business transactions.
- Monitors the business projects sponsored by agencies such as the World Bank or other organization operating, in the world markets. Determines the potential business opportunities. Executes contract. Researches other business opportunities by determining who are the suppliers, manufacturers and buyers and how the product can be adapted so that the market could be increased. Builds a network of business contacts.
- Reads all pertinent material related to the industry to keep informed of all trends, new products, and general economic conditions in the industry and the global markets. Must be able to use this information to adjust/adapt the business so as to exploit opportunities in the market.
- Requests credit reviews for suppliers and customers from the credit department. In conjunction with the Credit Managers, incumbent determines the level of credit to be extended. Monitors payment schedule. Determines interest due on late payments. Prepares review reports showing the status of the transactions.
- Participates in projects as assigned by manager.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum 3 years experience or a combination of training and experience which indicates the ability to do the job. Requires thorough knowledge of international trade procedures, customs laws, bookkeeping principles, etc. Requires extensive knowledge of procedures for shipping, air transportation, and freight forwarders.
*AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*