This coffee distributor brand is seeking a Branch Manager to lead the smooth execution and growth of the assigned branch and develop his/her team. In this role, he/she will direct his/her teams and activities in the market to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits in a manner aligned with the company's mission, vision, core values, and culture.
We strive to be tastemakers and leaders in our craft.
We continuously search for the best and most innovative artisanal beverages in the country, making them available wholesale by the keg at leading cafes, restaurants, offices and more.
Our tap system is the perfect solution to serve non-alcoholic beverages, offering product consistency, streamlined workflow, reduction of waste, and a unique customer experience.
We not only provide regular keg delivery and installation/modification of kegerator equipment, but also complementary consultation, custom build-outs and on-going support for all your wholesale cafe or keg product needs.
* Own local strategy and manage the day-to-day execution of sales and the distribution operations (warehousing, fulfillment, and equipment service)
* Evaluate the business proactively, identifying current and future needs, areas for improvement, bottlenecks and other limitations on growth; use these insights to enable the branch to scale smoothly and profitably and to hold people accountable for results
* Manage the entire employee lifecycle of his/her team, from recruiting, onboarding, training, coaching and performance management, career development, and termination in alignment with our Core Values Recruit, onboard, and train new Joyriders who live by our Mission and Core Values
* Motivate and provide ongoing coaching and development of local line managers, supervisors, and, when recommended, front-line employees to drive and achieve KPIs and develop effective leaders * Lead and maintain a fun loving but professional company culture that aligns with our Mission and Core Values
* Lead and set the standard for Holding Every Bar High by taking pride in Joyride and his/her work, including ensuring product education and sell through across teams
* Responsible for maintaining smooth interdepartmental communication and keeping meetings regular, relevant, and useful * Adapt, disseminate and enforce company policy locally; taking local lessons learned and escalating them for the betterment of the company as a whole
* Ensure that his/her team has a thorough understanding of the Joyride's systems and tools and effectively utilizing them according to best practices
* Continue to grow Joyride's prestigious customer base, deliver revenue growth, and produce results that meet or exceed company goals and KPIs by managing the market's budget, P&L and CapEx as well as actively driving the sales team to hit their monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals
* Negotiate and approve large sales deals and drive business through supplier and partner relationships at the local level
* Analyze sales team performance against relevant KPIs and actively drive the team to hit targets
* Delegate incoming interest and individual account loads to maximize closure rates, customer retention and account revenues
* Coach the sales team on negotiating customer discounting and contracts according to best practices to maximize sales and customer retention
* Serve as the face of Joyride in the local market to the community, suppliers, and customers
* Maintain regular communication with national leadership to provide a local viewpoint on national policies and local staff issues
* Manage new product rollouts and act as a liaison between local suppliers and sales team
* Serve as the last line of defense in the geography, willing and able to step into any role or job if and when necessary
* Other responsibilities as the situation may demand or as assigned by manager.
* Bachelor's degree; concentration in business preferred
* 5-7+ years of experience in management, P&L responsibility, and B2B professional selling and customer service/account management experience
* Experience in the food and beverage and/or distribution industry; selling into office (OCS) and institutional channels strongly preferred
* Working and deepening knowledge of the market's geography, including customer demographics, labor market, and relevant industry trends and competitors
* Excellent time and project management, negotiation, and analytical skills
* Sound communication, judgment, and decision-making skills, with the ability to explain reasons for decisions to leadership and team members
* Strong negotiating skills and ability to analyze sales scenarios and work to the best possible outcome
* Strategic thinker with ability to analyze market, as well as team performance and make recommendations about new practices or channels
* Proven commitment to excellent customer experience
* Prior experience in statistics or data analysis a plus
* Strong computer skills including Google Docs, Sheets (Excel), ERP, and CRM
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization and serve as an open door resource for team members
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs above your head
* Must have a valid driver's license
* A love for coffee and craft beverages and great work culture; love of a dogs is a plus
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Insurance benefits; medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
- Regular team lunches in the office
- Fun company outings
- Great work culture
- Dog-friendly office
- Generous vacation policy plus recognized federal holidays
- Career advancement