Smith Douglas Homes is a rapidly growing new home builder in North Carolina seeking ambitious new home sales assistants to join our expanding team in the Raleigh market!
As a new home Sales Agent Assistant, you will be a fully commissioned W-2 employee with long-term growth opportunity into a full-time new home Sales Agent role if desired and as performance demonstrates ability!
We require an active North Carolina Real Estate License and prefer on-site new home sales experience. You must have a passion for helping people and working as a team in a self sufficient environment. Successful candidates have a drive to exceed sales quotas and an enthusiasm to produce sales opportunities through Realtor outreach, professional networking and use of our superior marketing campaigns. As a Smith Douglas Sales Agent, you are able to take advantage of our proprietary software to enhance your sales capacity. You must have a strong work ethic and enjoy week-end work as an avenue to increase your sales potential.
The position is responsible for providing support, including administrative support to the Sales Agent(s) in one or more communities.
Essential Functions: Core duties or tasks fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job.
- Follow all established procedures in reference to sales, closings and community management
- Consistently monitor and analyze data and trends (i.e., new community traffic assessment)
- Assist in determining new home prices, home site premiums and release of home sites with Sales Agent
- Work daily with Sales Agent to learn in all areas of new home sales
- Learn and Complete scheduled sales activities:
- Print Slot Schedule, Line in the Sand and Vendor Production reports daily
- Monitor Home Definition Due dates per the community’s Slot Schedule
- Complete a Home Definition
- Options and Selections as part of the Purchase Agreement process
- Confirm Homeowner Orientation and Final Loan Approval dates via email and phone calls to all parties (buyers, Realtors and outside lenders, when applicable)
- Ensure community’s plat board is fully updated daily, ensuring accuracy of home-sites that are available, on hold status, sold, closed, etc.
- Fully document in SMART all correspondence with Leads, Prospects and Buyers
- Interview buyers to gather financial needs and introduce them to appropriate loan officer.
- Process Change Order/Addendum in SMART as necessary
- Ensure proper processing of Good Faith Deposits and option money as outlined in SMART and according to NCREC rules
- Coordinate set up of loan applications for prospects
- Complete competitive studies monthly
- Maintain vendor relations by:
- Driving “bootleg” sign route weekly
- Determining location and obtaining lease agreement for permanent signage
- Ensuring home site signage is updated and clean
- Ensure entry monument/signage is clean and projects a professional image
- Maintain upkeep of Sales Center, all Model homes and Production Inventory homes, when applicable
- Maintain adequate supply of collateral materials (brochures, price lists, floorplans, pamphlets, etc.), as well as general office supplies (pens, pencils, folders, printer paper, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Ensure that all collateral materials are clean copies that project a professional image
- Demonstrate homes and home sites directly to prospects
- Record prospect and buyer information in SMART by midnight on the day of the visit or call
- Monitor the mortgage loan process and provide timely assurance to purchasers, co-op agents, outside lenders (when applicable), closing attorney as needed
- Develop a minimum of 5 new Leads weekly
- Communicate website updates and needed changes to Marketing staff
- Refer all media inquiries (television, radio, newspaper, magazine, Internet, etc.) to the Marketing Manager
- Attend weekly Community Builder Meetings to resolve and uncover issues as assigned
- Attend all Community Review meetings with fully-prepared information on sales, marketing, competition and traffic-related issues
- Attend and host all Grand Opening and homeowner parties sponsored by Smith Douglas
- Define and maintain all “C” prospects
- Monitor and maintain record of all Product Development Changes, and inform prospects and buyers as needed and in an timely manner
- Maintain current base pricing and options pricing, including estimated monthly payment, in Model Home and Production Inventory home (when applicable)
- Ensure signage, materials and website reflect any price changes on a timely basis
- Ensure proper staffing of Sales Center/Model Homes during business hours, special events and occasional week-ends
- Arrive at Sales Center a minimum of 30 minutes before opening daily
- Active involvement in community and professional organizations (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, Sales & Marketing Council, Local Realtor Board…).
- Effectively market the community via the community's Information Box, located outside each Sales Center. At the end of each day, leave 10 (ten) flyers, base price sheets, etc., in the Information Box. When arriving at the community each day, remove all flyers from the Information Box before opening the Sales Center. Information Boxes should be empty during business hours.
- Ensure daily marketing efforts are complete (e.g., balloons, special sales are displayed as appropriate)
- Attend all Bridge the Gap meetings
Typical Work Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Weds: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Two week-ends/month will be required
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma
Licenses, Certifications, etc: NC Real Estate License
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in sales or similar field.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SMART, Internet
- Basic Math Skills
- Works Alone
- Works w/others
- Verbal contact w/others
- Work with computer and office equipment
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Ability to influence others
- Good communication skills
- Customer orientation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
This job description is a summary of the duties associated with the named position. While every effort has been made to make this description as complete as possible, this description is not intended to be a complete and inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities related to any one position. Smith Douglas reserves the right to modify what is summarized in this job description as business necessity and efficiency deem appropriate. Smith Douglas is an “at-will” employer, meaning that an associate’s employment has no specified term and that the employment relationship may be terminated any time at the will of either party on notice to the other.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.