Logistics done differently.
You’re excited about building relationships and seizing opportunities. At XPO Logistics, we’re excited about connecting with top-level talent who will focus on securing and growing top-tier and strategic accounts. In this senior-level inside sales role, you will sell brokerage services to existing and new customers, focusing on your personal sales targets and new business development. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Utilize advanced selling techniques to secure sales and load volume to meet or exceed established goals; serve as a resource for RFPs regarding load capacity and rates by lane
- Negotiate with established customer to secure profitable rates and client satisfaction
- Manage year-round contracts for all clients
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale (negotiating rates, identifying carriers and specialized equipment, etc.)
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding the loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Delegate and oversee the work of sales assistants and junior colleagues
- Act as an internal liaison between sales management and sales team to ensure leadership message is cascaded properly
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of transportation sales experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in transportation or third-party logistics
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.