Weekes Forest Products, Inc.
Green Bay Division
Position: Industrial Sales Representative
Report to: Division Manager
Compensation commensurate with experience
ESOP, 401k, Insurance (Medical, Dental), Vacation
- Assist the Industrial Account Manager with assigned industrial accounts to meet or exceed sales and profit goals set annually with division management.
- Assist in development of program business with industrial accounts, repeatable business we sell once, then service customer per their requirements.
- Develop close business and personal relationships with key purchasing personnel at each account location.
- As the business dictates make face to face sales calls on key accounts to help them grow their business by selling your products and further their training and education on those products.
- Obtain customer orders through well-planned daily contact via: phone, email or any other method of communication.
- Enter customers’ orders, Remanufacturing Work Orders and RMAs into POS system.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable about industrial products and the customers that use them. Be able to answer customer's questions about the products we sell and the mills/ suppliers that produce them as well as those sold by our competition.
- Be a backup to others in the sales department when needed/ asked.
- Assist in answering in-bound telephone calls for the Branch.
Marketing & Promotional Duties:
- Develop and maintain up-to-date customer profile sheets for your assigned accounts
- Work in conjunction with the New Products Review Committee and your division General Manager to introduce new products.
- Participate in customer and vendor trade shows and conventions
Purchasing & Product Duties:
- Act as Product Champion for product lines assigned to you by division management. Product Champion duties include but are not limited to purchasing, inventory management, pricing, claims management, sharing product information through sales training, divisional special pricing opportunities and divisional product promotions.
- Walk your Industrial product inventory once a week. While on your walk, inspect stock, look for damage, proper storage, product rotation, overstocks etc. Do periodic cycle counts to insure inventory accuracy. Bring all concerns to management's attention.
- Assist in solving claims or complaints. Respond to inquiries and research and resolve problems related to industrial products.
- Attend industry meetings and mill trips as recommended and in conjunction with the General Office.
- Research and recommend product additions.
- Assist in all physical inventories at Green Bay.
- Be responsible for division price list maintenance on items as assigned.
- Prepare and communicate price adjustments with program customers as market conditions warrant.