Logistics done differently.
You’re excited by the challenge of connecting with people, building relationships, and seizing opportunities. You’re ready to move into an entry-level, inside sales role and start your sales career at XPO Logistics. You’ll put your skills to work every day, and you’ll have the support and resources to build a career you can be proud of. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Achieve your sales targets and develop new business through effective selling of brokerage services to new and existing customers
- Prospect for leads and build a pipeline, through a variety of techniques including heavy cold-calling
- Negotiate with customers to secure profitable rates and client satisfaction
- Grow and maintain relationships with customers to uncover new opportunities within current customers
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry including rates, carriers, load capacities, and equipment
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale (negotiating rates, identifying carriers and specialized equipment, etc.)
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding HVS and HRC loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems throughout the day for maintaining accuracy in sales and volume
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of professional experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of experience in a high-sales environment
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience presenting information and data in a sales environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.