Helapan Inc. is looking for a confident and highly competitive full-time Sales Representative to join its outside sales team. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for promoting the company’s products and services as well as building relationships with new and current clients. It is vital that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of potential clients. This is a great opportunity for those candidates who are personable and outgoing. The focus of this role is to help Helapan customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. Sales representatives will receive training to ensure they have all the skills and product knowledge that they require to be successful in this high-energy sales-driven industry. The position is available for immediate hire.
Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, company meetings, etc.
- Meet once a week with sales team to discuss product performance and potential opportunities
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and clients; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as visit plans, weekly sales targets, and product penetration goals.
- Manage customer accounts receivables within guidelines
- Perform effective territory management
- Demonstrate and deliver understanding of Foodservice Industry and operations
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- Experience: 2 years minimum of sales-related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Be comfortable dealing with different product lines
- Prior experience working with customers and providing an exceptional experience
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Valid driver's license with an excellent driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (background check)
- Ability to be coached and incorporate feedback
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Restaurant management / chef experience
- Ability to plan, pitch, and execute a territory sales strategy
- Culinary certification
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
Some of the benefits offered:
Health and dental coverage
Helapan Inc. is a family owned food distribution company established in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico since 1985. The company conducts business with bakeries and other food service providers across the island.