South Jersey Sand and Gravel plant seeking experienced Sand & Gravel Production Manager for second shift to join our growing team . To be successful in this role, you'll need experience in a similar role and similar industry.
The Production Manager is tasked with directing and managing plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, quality, and other production-related activities for a sand and gravel plant.
The Production Manager ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally-sound production of a quality product. In addition to supervising our plant workforce, this position works with our customers and sales staff to meet business needs. This position is also responsible for coordinating and directing many of the day-to-day activities while maintaining the company's high standards.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Establish annual goals, priorities, milestones and time lines for production.
- Supervise production for the plant location, and ensure we meet our production goals.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required.
- Collaborate with the team, departments, and management to achieve goals.
- Monitor results and identify gaps based on goals.
- Ensure all MSHA regulations are followed.
- Continually analyze and identify areas for potential increased production.
- Support and advice staff in training and problem solving.
- Schedule employees to ensure consistent production.
- Identify maintenance items for repair
- High School diploma or equivalent, or work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressive maintenance and supervisory roles.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Advanced problem solving skills.