Supervises and coordinates activities concerned with cleaning and sanitizing the manufacturing facility and equipment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate leaders. Responsibilities include determining the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Sanitation department. Completes documentation and carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform all duties within OSHA and company safety standards; LOTO, wear PPE and maintain safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Immediately report all accidents and deficiencies to management; complete accident investigations.
- Ensure safety devices are installed and working properly.
- Monitor work environment for general food safety hazards such as condensation monitoring, etc.
- Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP training, along with company pre-requisite programs, SOP’s, and SSOP’s.
- Ensure that all employees are adequately and properly trained in safety, sanitation procedures, chemical handling, and GMP’s, etc.
- Enforce all safety rules and company policies.
- Ensure proper staffing is maintained, including interviewing and hiring new team members.
- Implement and monitor training for new hires & continuing training of current team members.
- Maintain attendance records, counsel employees with poor attendance, & follow up with coaching/discipline as appropriate.
- Appraise work performance: conduct appropriate reviews for team members; give coaching/discipline as appropriate in a consistent and timely manner.
- Review, correct, and approve timekeeping tool to ensure team members are paid correctly each pay-period.
- Provide appropriate interpretation of company policies and safety policies for team members.
- Direct cleaning of equipment and work areas facilities and equipment:
- Examines production schedules to estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Coordinates work schedule and work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves problems, or assists employees in solving problems.
- Ensures cleaning requirements are achieved in a timely manner enabling pre-op inspection and set-up to begin on time.
- Inspect facility and equipment for conformity to plant HACCP and SSOP’s policies & procedures.
- Perform routine preoperational swab testing. Establish or adjust cleaning procedures as needed. Increase or decrease swabbing schedule according to tests results. Distribute test results weekly.
- Confer daily with company preoperational inspectors on sanitation deficiencies. Assign workers to resolve deficiencies immediately.
- Investigate sanitation issues and work to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Walk preoperational inspection with USDA inspector and company inspector. Ensure all deficiencies are resolved immediately.
- Confer daily with management and production personnel on sanitation related mechanical problems. Recommend modifications to equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and food safety.
- Inspect facility grounds as necessary; may assist maintenance department with snow and ice removal.
- Maintains all sanitation related records including chemical usage and cost, monthly task completion calendar, weekly supply inventory, daily water usage readings, and weekly duct sock changes.
- Respond to USDA Noncompliance Records regarding preoperational sanitation deficiencies. Establish or adjust work procedures to resolve deficiencies and prevent reoccurrence.
- Route reports and records to designated plant personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
For more information please contact: 608-268-5390