Job ID: 139550
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Scale House Operator
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the scale house operator position today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family!
Job Description Summary
- Weigh customer trucks and issue proof of purchase.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure delivery.
- Collect payments.
- Prepare daily load summaries.
- Keep time and material records.
- Answer phone calls.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Must be at least 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Basic computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
- Willing to work flexible hours, overtime is mandatory.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.