My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Scientist (ADME) for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Cambridge, MA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The DMPK department is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Drug Metabolism group.
- The primary responsibilities will be determination of ADME properties of drug molecules through in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- These may include determination of inhibition and induction liabilities for CYP450 enzymes, enzymes involved in the metabolism, profiling and characterization of metabolites from complex biological matrices and determination substrate affinity and inhibition properties for transporters.
- A strong background in utilization of in vitro systems to generate ADME properties and structural elucidation by LC-MS is required.
- A successful candidate should be able to exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic environment.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo ADME studies and understanding of clearance route, mechanism and the role of metabolism will is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct in vitro drug metabolism studies, e.g metabolic stability of small molecules, inhibition and induction of CYP450 enzymes.
- Perform inhibition and substrate identification studies for transporters.
- Proficiency in LC-MS method development for separation and structural identification of multiple metabolites.
- Hands on experience in operation, maintenance & trouble shooting of LC-MS instruments of multiple vendors (Sciex/Thermo)
- Conduct non-radio-labeled and radio-labeled metabolite profiling experiments from in vitro and in vivo studies.