Please send resumes to email@example.com
Title: Scientist III (Molecular Biology)
Work Location: US - Carlsbad, CA
Start Date: 7/12/2018
We are seeking a creative and motivated Scientist III to assist our next-generation sequencing applications team. The candidate will be responsible for developing new products and will work closely with cross-functional teams including Bioinformatics, Marketing, Technical Service and/or Operations.
Successful candidates will have a strong molecular biology experience with a background in next-gen sequencing applications including hands on experience on library construction, clonal amplification, and reagent formulation.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Independently designs experimental plans, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
- Troubleshoots and solves difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
- Investigates, creates, and incorporates new methods and technologies to improve effectiveness of development workflows
- Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
- Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services)
- B.S. with 6 years experience or M.S. with 4 plus years of experience or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in PCR, RT-PCR, TaqMan® qPCR required
- Expertise in the methods and techniques of molecular biology
- Broad familiarity of applications associated with RT-qPCR and next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner.