|Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers, Colorado's largest and most comprehensive provider of cancer care has an exciting opportunity for a Scribe in our Denver-Midtown clinic.|
|The scibe works side by side with the Physician bridging clinical skills with information technology to update electronic record, record symptom information as physician interviews patient, and transcribe physician’s medical decision-making in real time. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the exam room, documents the physical examination, clinical impression and plan, as well as other relevant conversation between the patient and physician. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Programs, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
• Accompanies physician into exam room with patient, entering information in electronic medical record regarding patient symptoms and condition as physician interviews patient. Documents physical examination as dictated by physician.
• Transcribes medical decision-making in real time under direction of physician, creating polished patient encounter notes that will also be sent to referring MDs.
• Prints diagnosis specific new patient educational handouts, edits existing handouts and creates new handouts as needed.
• Preps new patient information into appropriate progress note in EMR
• Updates the problem list as applicable to that day’s visit
• Provides patient education/instruction teach-back as directed by Physician within appropriate scope of practice set forth by The Practice and The US Oncology Network
• Initiates patient phone calls as directed by physician, within appropriate scope of practice
• Conducts reviews of online research as requested by physician
• Participates in morning huddle with clinical team, if this is part of physician practice
• Transcribes procedure notes per physician preference
• Navigates the electronic medical record, PACS, and hospital portals.
• Updates electronic record at direction of physician.
• Maintains compassionate presence with patient and family during office encounters.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Formats reports according to established guidelines
• Maintains equipment and work area as directed
• Recognizes and reports unusual circumstances and/or information with possible risk factors to supervisor or dictator.
|Personable, effective at multitasking, high regard for excellent customer service, and team orientated. Computer proficiency: Microsoft applications. Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Application, iKnowMed (preferred, but not required) Centricity (preferred, but not required). Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience working with physicians and medical assistants. Typing proficiency required: 60 word per minute desirable. Current CPR certification a plus. Bachelors Degree or other healthcare related coursework including anatomy, physiology and/or medical terminology preferred. Minimum one (1) year applicable experience or graduate from a Scribe training program |
|All candidates are required to pass a drug screening and background check prior to hire.|
|The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.|
|The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.|