Acuity, Inc. has an opening for a Scrum Master/Business Analyst to support a very visible government client. Are you a dynamic and creative individual who enjoy working in a collaborative environment for the development of sophisticated applications? Come check out Acuity!
Acuity is an award winning consulting firm that provides proven management and technological services to the Federal government. Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work, by the Washington Business Journal for four consecutive years in a row, we are hiring additional Scrum Masters to further assist and join in our growth.
As a Scrum Master/Business Analyst, you will serve as a dedicated team member who has primary responsibility to support their self-organizing, self-managing team successfully achieve their daily, iteration, and release goals and delivery objectives. They do so by effectively applying, implementing and enforcing Scrum principles and practices. The Scrum Master/Business Analyst will also help protect the team from outside influences, which could otherwise interfere with the team's ability to deliver value in a short time-box (iteration). The Scrum Master/Business Analyst will mentor the empowerment teams and serves as the leadership proxy whose role is to assist the team in its transition to the new method, continuously facilitate a team dynamic intended to maximize performance of the team, and by continuously improving agile practices.
Other responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Interfacing with clients to define user requirements and to discuss issues, questions, and project status.
- Understanding system capabilities and how the capabilities can meet the client’s business objectives
- Analyzing user requirements to identify implicit and ambiguous requirements
- Composing technical documentation to detail the requirements in a clear and well-organized manner
- Interfacing with the software development team to translate user requirements into system requirements
- Participating in application validation to ensure that client’s requirements are met
- Business Process Modeling and Business Process Reengineering
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with experience in a related Information Technology field
- Must be Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience in developing requirements
- Experience writing technical documents
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Able to take initiative, manage own workload, and assume responsibility for tasks
- Able to multi-task, handle multiple projects, and meet internal and client deadlines
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization Agile process life cylce
- Strong writing and communication skills required
- Must have Agile experience; methodologies and tools
- Experience with User Interface designs and mockups
- Previous experience working with Government clients is highly desirable
- Must have experience in conducting daily stand-up meetings, planning and review sessions, prioritize tasks and mitigate road blocks
- Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance