RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Scrum Master in Hillsboro, Oregon (OR).
As a Scrum Master, you will help your self-organizing, self-managing team achieve its iteration objectives and ascend to 'high-performance' status. In the role, you have an opportunity to truly act as a servant-leader that ensures the team lives by the values and practices of scrum.
- Helps the team to focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence
- Helps team assess and plan for risk
- Ensures Scrum principles and practices are understood and enacted
- Coaches Agile Team to self-organize and promotes Agile mindset
- Removes impediments to the Agile Team's progress that the team cannot remove themselves
- Ensures Product Owner has backlog in good shape and ready to start each iteration
- Protects the team from interruptions and distractions
- Facilitates Scrum events/team meetings, working agreements and ensures time-boxed events stay within their allotted time
- Fosters a positive environment for the Scrum Team to continually improve and learn
- Expert on how scrum works and how it should be applied
- Educate others outside the team about how the team is working
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices, and how to improve team dynamics
- Works with other Scrum Masters (especially during Scrum of Scrums) to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution
- At Scale - Coordinates with other Scrum Masters, the System Team, and Shared Resources in the ART/cross-train PI Planning and Release Planning Meetings to remove issues, raise risks, etc.
- Bachelor's in Business, Psychology, Anthropology, Organizational Development with 3-5 years of working with technical/systems teams
- 3-5 years of experience as a scrum master and SM certification and SAFe
- 2+ years in leading a team on a project or within a scrum context
- Real understanding of Agile frameworks like Scrum, SAFe, XP, and Kanban
- Understanding in basic fundamental of iterative and incremental development
- Understands product planning in a data-driven environment
- Deep understanding of agile development frameworks, especially scrum and Kanban
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the ecosystem the team works in to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs
- Ability to work well with people that have varying technical and business abilities
- Strong communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, and leadership skills
- Understands and can reinforce the value Agile/SAFe/Scrum ceremonies (events)
- Understands and consistently utilizes appropriate metrics to help drive meaningful conversations on improvement opportunities
- Strong facilitation skills and techniques
- With speed at the center of our strategic pillars, the Scrum Master must have an action oriented, fail-fast mindset and must be someone that can work alongside diverse, strong-minded partners and help facilitate a united direction with clear decision making
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.