The Scrum Master role has these major components:
1) Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
2) Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
3) Collaborate with management, other team members, and business partners to prioritize backlog items and gather business value information for delivered solutions.
The Scrum Master within the ODMS team will be responsible for the following:
Lead and Train System Analyst team in the:
- • Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
• Guiding the team on the art of self-organization.
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supporting the Systems Analysts, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Mentoring as needed
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Overseeing project roadmap creation, tracking and scope adherence
• Management of User Stories and Defect Tracking in TFS
The ideal candidate will have all of the following qualifications:
• Mentor, Leader and Trainer of team members
• Self-driven and able to function with minimal direction from Director
• Must have the ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3-5 years for a software development team
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of various Agile approaches and Waterfall.
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing.
• Excellent communication including negotiation skills.
• B.A. or B.S. in information technology or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Medicare / Medicaid
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Project Management certificate may be required. Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects and requires prior management, supervisory, or team leader experience.