**We can only consider US Citizens or Greencard holders for this position**
Only candidates local to Bethlehem, PA or Holmdel, NJ
The Scrum Master is responsible for being a Coach, Facilitator and Servant Leader for their assigned Agile Scrum team(s). They will continually look for ways the team can improve and will be able to encourage growth through cultivating strong relationships and trust.
- Helps teams self-organize and self-manage.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burndown tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Works collaboratively with Business and IT partner teams to support development and software delivery.
- Assists the Product Owner and Technical Product Manager in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Ensures development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals.
- Coaches the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Recommends improvements and assists in changes to best practice.
- Identifies and manages issues and jeopardies with a clear grasp of the challenges/options until resolved
- Mitigates all risks and issues “real-time”, executing resolutions on demand.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams with diverse personalities, during high pressure scenarios, within extremely tight deadlines.
- 7+ years of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Ability to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology.
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Enjoys solving problems and can resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Communicates clearly and can deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential.
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Fully committed to transparency in all situations.
Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred)
Scrum Master or SAFe Certification required