Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Scrum Master for our client in the Banking domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Scrum Master
Primary Skills: Project Management
Role Description: The Scrum Master would need to have at least 5+ years of experience.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Agile experience is required with Version One tool expertise
- Experience working on relational databases
- Strong SQL skills
- Mainframe Knowledge is good to have
- Expertise in Banking, Insurance and financial service.
- Running daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Assisting to create a culture of continuous improvement, culture of commitment, and a culture of quality throughout the organization
- Driving agile/scrum adoption across the organization and ensuring stakeholders adhere to the process
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- 5+ years of Relational Databases and SQL experience - Intermediate
- 2+ years of Data Warehouse/ETL experience - Intermediate
- 5+ years of Mainframe experience - Intermediate
- 5+ years of Leading Development Teams and Driving Delivery experience - Advanced
- 1 year of Version one experience - Basic
- 5+ years of Agile experience - Advanced
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: This position will cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Avinash Ojha
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2125)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
This company may offer relocation assistance.