Position: Senior Scrum Master/Project Manager
Duration: 3-6 months (Initially 3 month)
The Senior Scrum Master/Project Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of major technology development initiatives, using Agile/Scrum methodologies and SDLC (Waterfall).This is highly impactful work of enterprise scope which includes project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, budget and resource planning, cost estimation, tracking and issue resolution. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the Sr. Scrum Master/Project Manager is responsible for making appropriate tradeoffs with project teams to proactively mitigate any issues or risks.
The Sr. Scrum Master/Project Manager will be involved in multiple, concurrent IT projects of varying durations and will report to a Senior Project Manager.
The Information Technology Team is passionate about technology and collaboration to make a difference for our staff and Corps Members. We partner with every other team in the organization to create technology solutions that allow us to work more effectively and efficiently on the way to ensuring one day all children have access to excellent educational opportunities. To do so, we work with some of the biggest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise.
- Manage multiple complex, IT projects, with the majority of projects using Agile/Scrum and certain projects using SDLC (Waterfall).
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop and maintain cost-conscious project plans that meet organizational objectives and timelines for both technology solutions and business process improvement.
- Identify key project stakeholders both internally and externally, including vendors, and managing those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project.
- Proactively manage and mitigate issues and risks.
- Manage organizational resources efficiently – time, people and budget.
- Follow processes and methodology set forth by the Project Management Office.
- Manage and communicate the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis, including business stakeholders, technology enterprise architecture and development teams.
- Successfully manage the delivery of projects including end-to-end management, from needs analysis and requirements gathering through development and user acceptance testing and training.
- 5+ years of demonstrated project management delivery across different types of high-risk, high-value, complex IT projects using both Agile/Scrum and standard PMI project management practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Agile/Scrum development.
- Proven technical project management skills with demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex technical projects.
- Must be able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Operates effectively, and with a positive attitude, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the strong ability to drive results.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have strong presentation skills.
- Have strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; remove barriers, influence stakeholders and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Sound business and technology acumen.
- Experienced in various software estimation techniques and budgeting activities.
- Experienced in production support, release management, ROI proposals and IT Systems Implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project and Jira
- Experience with estimation, budgeting and project planning.
- Strong knowledge of PMI standards and SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Agile / Scrum Certification (CSM) or equivalent required
- PMP (PMI) certification highly desired
ICS| 233 East Shore Road | Great Neck, NY 11023
ISO 9001:2008 |ISO 27001:2013 Company