Closing Date: July 25, 2018
This position provides security protection to employees, staff, and property through patrol, observation, and reporting procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a guest services level of care for employees, clients, and patrons
- Carry out emergency, safety, and security programs and procedures when necessary
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols of property. Inspect and report on facilities compliance with safety and security procedures
- Investigate and report on incidents including damage/injury to the facility or employees
- Assure POD compliance on patrols
- By direction, provide assignments and permitting for temporary parking
- By direction, issue facility ID badges
- Serves as Lead for temporary staff and part time
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- City and County of Denver Merchant Guard License required
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills among all levels of staff and clientele, required
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people among all levels within an organization; skill to work effectively as part of a team, required
- Perform leadership role and job tasks effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities, required
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, required
- Provide customer service in a professional considerate manner, required
- Excellent record of dependability and reliability, required
- Customer Service experience, preferred
- Valid and current Class C Colorado Driver License preferred
- One to three years security experience in a large facility preferred
- Basic computer skills including ability to create word documents and excel spreadsheets, preferred
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require certifications by law and/or job assignment. Position requires frequent walking, climbing stairs, standing on cement floors, turning, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling; may be subject to adverse working conditions, dust, grime, noise, fumes, wet floors etc., including weather; may require use of an electric cart; requires irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends, evening, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need; requires radio usage -- 2 way hand held.
Colorado Convention Center/SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The essential responsibilities of each position are described under the headings in the job description and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation, or other reasons. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Applicants who need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact 303-228-8000.
Closing Date: July 25, 2018