SECURITY ANALYST - CONTRACT - CARY, NC
Security Analyst Responsibilities:
* Assist with building and maintaining information security related policies, standards, and procedures
* Daily review of SIEM to monitor activities within the company environments
* Weekly review of Vulnerability Scans
* Weekly delivery of security awareness presentation for new hires
* Ad Hoc assistance with virus/malware events
* Periodic work area assessments to validate physical security controls are in place at employee workstations
* Assist with incident response activities
* Quarterly access management reviews of key systems
* Perform control validations on key systems
Security Analyst Requirements:
* 1-3 years' experience in an information security operational role with experience on one or more other security concepts such as Vulnerability Management, SIEM/SOC, administering and troubleshooting Security Incident and Event Management appliances etc.
* The ability to certify and maintain information security related certification such as GSEC, Security+, CCNA Security. CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc. nice but not required.
* A Bachelor's Degree ideally in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Thorough knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP and OSI layers, capturing, analyzing and troubleshooting network traffic and logs
* Knowledge of NIST/ISO standards and regulatory requirements
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.