Partial Remote Security & Complian Enterprise Architect
24 Month Contract
Atlanta, GA preferred, Greenwood, CO possible and California possible as well.
We're looking for big ideas-ideas that can embrace multiple petabytes of vital information. That's how much data we manage and store at Kaiser Permanente. We're home to some other big ideas, like creating HealthConnect, the nation's largest electronic medical record system, using social media and text messaging to help members engage in their own care, and developing predictive modeling tools that anticipate health issues before they're an issue. It's the kind of thinking that's shaping the future of technology, health care, and the lives of all our members. If you recognize and are prepared to seize the incredible opportunity to impact people’s lives through innovation in healthcare, come join us!
In this position, you have overall responsibility for leading, defining, and executing the EDGE IT security strategy in Cyber Security. You will lead a matrixed team and be accountable for strategic planning, roadmaps, and successful execution and implementation of capabilities to protect the organization against existing and emerging threats.
- Develop and mature strategy roadmaps
- Ensure that teams execute against the defined strategy and roadmap
- Maintain rolling plan of security projects and programs
- Maintain alignment of Cyber Security vision with business objectives and requirements
- Identify new and innovative ways to prevent data loss and protect the organization more effectively and efficiently
- Provide leadership and direction to develop enhanced security protection for EDGE IT devices
- Evaluate edge computing solutions for Internet of Things deployments that involve analytics within the device, gateway or edge server.
- Integration of medical devices and systems with the KP cybersecurity strategies and policies.
- Provide gap analysis for information security functions and provide plans for gap remediation
- Predict and recognize technology trends and ensure that information security functions adequately plan for them
- Position KP Cyber Security as an industry leader in enhanced security for the medical community
- Develop relationships with health care industry peers, research communities, and cyber security groups
- Provide insight and actionable intelligence to KP leadership
- Master's degree in related field and/or 8 years of equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible management experience in planning, budget/financial management, and staffing.
- A minimum of 8 years of related IT experience including IT Project Management.
- Advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and full knowledge of multiple related IT functions.
- A minimum of 8 years of information security and/or related experience
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Extensive knowledge of information and technology security management policies, methods, standards, tools, and frameworks (e.g. ISO, COSO, COBIT, NIST (NIST, ISO, CSF, HIPAA, HITECH, and Breach Notification) as well as knowledge of compliance, legal, internal / external audit & regulatory requirements HIPAA, SOX and PCI
- Adept at navigating governance structures
- Ability to manage and analyze data
- Understanding of metrics development and reporting
- Strong understanding of financial concepts
- Preferred Security Certifications CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCSFP, HCISPP, or CIPP.
- Subject matter expertise in the healthcare industry, including proven experience working with the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules, as well as the HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF).
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.