Security Engineer - PERM - New York, NY - Salary based on experience
Security Engineer - PERM - New York, NY
* Roll up your sleeves, put on your thinking cap, and deliver a unique Distributed Ledger platform with world class robustness and security properties.
* Primary focus on Financial Services Post Trade but other functional domains are being investigated.
* Maintain and communicate the products' threat model, security properties, and trust model
* Validate the security properties and trust model of the released products.
* Drive and manage vulnerability processes and third party security audits
* Develop and collaborates around security concerns.
* Work across all development teams to ensures high level of security engineering and review.
* Help architect, implement, and review software to ensure high level of confidentiality, integrity, availability.
* Maintain, groom and communicate our security roadmap.
* Be hands-on, analyse, develop, guide, review selected security work, with the teams.
* Swiftly Identify, track, classify, and manage vulnerabilities.
* Help secure infrastructure and services and, help identify and track outstanding risks.
* We value a healthy mindset and attitude towards functional programming, formal specifications and verification
* Review the platform and its integrations security
* Help capture client security requirements
* Coach and educate engineers on security
* Help drive source code security black-box testing, distributed system integrity, and build system hardening
Security Engineer Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
* Java and Scala for backend development, Haskell for DSL tools and formal methods.
* Agile/Scrum and modern software engineering practices (SBE / TDD / CI / CD etc.)
* Cloud services, containers for rapid deployment
* Servant leader, you drive security processes and themes by example, through tools, and with automation.
* Experienced professional, you help define and drive the security vision, as well as help build and validate sound security foundations.
* Strong coder. Regardless whether you still develop, we do, and you need to understand us.
* You enjoy collaboration with others-our work isn't carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done
* Analytical, structured, tactical, you are an engineer that thinks before acting.
* Excellent communicator; direct & transparent
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.