Security Industry Specialists (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and through an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining and rewarding the best talent available.
The Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC) is the national monitoring facility that manages dispatch, access control, CCTV, and fire alarm monitoring, and employee cases.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
The RSOC Operations Team is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of the corporation's employees, facilities and property worldwide. Using variety of tools that range from global access control and alarm monitoring system to various business intelligence sources, open source media, internet and in-house tools, the Operator is required to detect, analyze and alert others regarding any adverse conditions to the corporation and its employees. These may range from extreme weather conditions to political instability, crime, terror, or technical failures.
Primary duties and responsibilities include
• Assisting company employees in all concerns that pertain to safety and security.
• Conducting ongoing review of multiple systems and sources to detect potential risks.
• Monitoring travel safety and security of company's employees.
• Investigating alarms and responding by sending patrol, or alerting Fire services or Police as needed.
• Notifying and coordinating corporate response by distribution of advisories and other communications.
• Compiling daily reports and incident reports.
• Conducting in-depth risk analysis for locations or events.
• Presenting complex risk scenarios to corporate managers upon request.
Additional Job Functions
• Perform other related duties as required
• Provide back-up operator support and on-call function as-needed
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule on a variety of shifts
• Some college required, prefer Bachelors Degree
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Some experience in conducting research/analysis.
• Ability to multitask in a fast passed, at times stressed work environment.
• Strong team player.
• Comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations.
• Flexibility to work all shifts, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed.
• Good working knowledge of Office tools.
• Self motivated, curious, knowledgeable pertaining to news and current events.
• Must possess valid TX Level II Non-commissioned security license
What we can offer:
Health, Dental and Vision benefits, plus access to dependent coverage and a variety of other benefits
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Eligibility to contribute to a 401k Plan after the first year of employment
A dynamic and challenging work environment with opportunity for growth!
Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
Department of Public Safety
Investigations/Security Guard Contractor Company #C14164