Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communications solutions.
SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government.
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide expensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams.
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
The Segment Solutions Telco, MNO & ISP actively participates in executing the SES Networks product and marketing strategy for Telco, MNO, & ISP providers, and ensures its efficient and effective implementation. Brings segment insights and develops competitive commercial product value propositions and solutions tailored to our Fixed data segment specific markets. Recommends go-to-market approach and partnerships development to accelerate segment growth.
- Assess the overall Fixed Data market and prioritize sub-verticals & markets through a comprehensive commercial, competitive and financial analysis
- Gather market requirements and customer needs and challenges to determine the segment approach and new product initiatives (integration with OSS/BSS, cloud solutions, hybrid solutions) to enhance the total value and cost of ownership for the segment
- Establish cross-functional coordination with Sales, Data Market Intelligence and PLM to define the segment strategy, product portfolio mix, go-to-market approach and distribution channels
- Lead the development of business cases to support the investment in new segment solutions
- Support pricing strategy in relation to the segment and the target market
- Conduct business development activities to target new customers and sub-segments
- Stimulate the segment ecosystem evolution by developing strategic relationships with key partners as part of the segment roadmap
- Support product introduction and provides input to the product branding/marketing campaigns
- Work closely with Sales to facilitate product roll-out in various markets and provide commercial product support in strategic discussions with customers
- Initiate, prepare and lead segment solution related training activities and workshops to promote unique selling value proposition
- Promote awareness and create demand for relevant products through customer visits, speaker opportunities, product demos etc. at events, conferences and other suitable occasions
- Develop customer case studies and segment white papers to illustrate product benefits, facilitate customer product adoption, and establish SES Networks as a leading solution provider
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Drive, engagement and creative thinking to bring new concepts to the front
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Able to produce meaningful market assessments and recommendations and translate trends into a competitive segment strategy
- Proven ability to work with data customers to identify their requirements, develop and shape applicable SES end-to-end solutions, and deliver competitive value propositions
- Strong customer experience in the telecom industry, ability to develop business cases, pricing strategies, competitive commercial offerings, segment specific SLA
- Strong understanding and experience of the segment specific customer buy-in process
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of satellite segment pricing and in particular adjacent segment pricing
- Deep understanding of satellite technology and in particular satellite ground equipment and systems
- Ability to deal with multi-disciplinary stakeholders (technical, finance, commercial, legal, marketing)
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Telecommunications, or related fields
- 10 years’ + work experience in the Telecom industry
- Product development and management experience with large Telco, MNO or ISP
- Previous business development experience in the Fixed Data Segment
- Experience in IP Networking, cloud technologies and pricing models, Telco/MNO OSS/BSS requirements, applications and etc.
- In-depth understanding of the segment evolution (5G, IoT, cloud, MEC), changes to the business models and key segment influencers in the value-chain
- Proven track record of successful product launches with tier-1 and/or regional Telco/MNO or ISP
- Extensive commercial or marketing experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Other languages, French, etc. are considered as additional assets
- Has the ability to undertake international travel, up to 50% of time
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.