RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Senior ASP.NET MVC Developer in New York, NY.
Scope of Services:
Mission: To make it easier for companies in New York to form, do business and grow by providing direct assistance to business owners, fostering neighborhood development in commercial districts, promoting financial and economic opportunity among minority- and women-owned businesses, preparing New Yorkers for jobs and linking employers with a skilled and qualified workforce.
The client's Technology Unit has built a .NET application called Worksource1 to serve as the primary system used by Agency program units to deliver workforce and business development services. Worksource1 supports customer service delivery and total business operations with functionalities that include case management and assessment tools, management reporting capabilities, and performance monitoring. The current release contains several case management modules that are streamlined to support workflow in the Workforce1 Career Centers and other service delivery locations. Data captured in Worksource1 is transferred to the New York State Department of Labor's (NYSDOL) State-wide case management system, called the One Stop Operating System (OSOS) through a series of XML based APIs on a weekly basis. The agency has planned several major enhancements to Worksource1. These enhancements will require upgrades to provide robust, modern and flexible IT infrastructure and tools, improve user experience, improved application security, and provide more robust reporting functionality for staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a design document for the application
- Develop code to support business process and business requirements
- Work with a DBA to determine where and how to make additions and/or changes to the existing database structure in the Online Directory
- Thoroughly test and debug code
- Assist in the development of technical documentation
REQUIREMENTS:Mandatory skills/experience Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered:
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC 5, WebAPI and REST
- Experience developing applications that utilize XML APIs
- Hands-on experience working with both .NET 2.0 and .NET 4.0 (including master pages, themes, etc.)
- Advanced MS-SQL skills including writing stored procedures and modifying the database structure
- Experience developing and enhancing sophisticated web-based business application and the supporting database structure
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server
- Experience with reading and modifying existing code
- Understanding of Software development life cycle
- Experience with Telerik r.a.d controls for .NET
- Ability to rapidly understand strategic objectives and create robust technical solutions
- Strong communication skills - must be able to interact with senior management, programmers and end-users
- Ability to complete assigned tasks properly and on time
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with applications that support Workforce Development services
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.