Centrus Energy Corp. seeks a Senior Accountantto join the team at our corporate headquarters. Directly reportingto the Director, Financial Reporting,you willbe responsible for the accounting in areas ofrevenue recognition and customer invoicing, inventory and cost of sales. You will be responsible for themonthly accounting entries for equity compensation. You will participate in the quarterly financial statement and SOX 404 reporting cycles. You will also assist withcoordinating the audits of the Company’s benefit plans.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems; Oracle a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in general accounting functions; combination of public company and/or public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to meet closing and reporting deadlines
- Experience with revenue transactions in both a services and products environment preferred
- Basic knowledge ofSOX and/or internal controls testing and documentation
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on several concurrent projects/responsibilities
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and levels of management including offsite locations
- Word and Excel experience
- Persistent and goal-oriented
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for monthly accounting for revenue, accounts receivable, cost of sales and inventory including the preparation of journal entries and related workpapers.
- Prepare and disseminate monthly reports and supporting schedules.
- Prepare customer invoices in accordance with customer contract terms, pricing provisions and shipping schedules.
- Summarize key terms of customer contracts. Assist in the analysisof accounting issues in accordance within the guidanceof ASC 606 or other sections.
- Communicate with Sales and Marketing department to gain anunderstanding of contract terms and ensure accurate and timely customer invoicing.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries and reconciliations related to equity compensation.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the coordination of the annual benefit plan audits and preparation of relatedForm 5500s including accumulation of supporting documentation,preparation of financial statements and footnotes andcommunication with external auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Assist inquarterly SOX compliance efforts including preparation of documentation (narratives and flowcharts), and execution of periodic testing.
- Prepare monthly Statement of Cash Flow.
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedulesfor Reports on Form 10-K/Q for revenue, accounts receivable, costs of sales, inventory and stockholders’ equity in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for related Oracle functionality: identifyimplications of any new functionality, perform and document testing, identify implications on internal controls.
- Support external and internal audit requests and inquiries.
Other Job Duties:
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and Code of Business Conduct
- Propose process improvements
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
This position will require a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test. Once employed, employees participate in a random drug testing program. Employees may also be tested in the event that any incident causes injury or damage to property or if there is a reasonable suspicion that the employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This position may require the successful candidate to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at some time during their employment. In order to receive a DOE security clearance, a background investigation by the Federal government is conducted. Subsequent Federal government reinvestigations may be required.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Centrus Energy Corp. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets