Overview of the Senior Accountant Consultant
Long term consulting assignment. Seeking a Senior Accountant Consultant for our Central New Jersey based, publicly traded client. Successful candidates will have general accounting experience including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and various account analyses. SAP a must.
What will be expected of me as Senior Accountant Consultant?
- Contribute to all aspects of accounting, recording, reporting and coordinating for corporate programs, common transactions and shared processes such as insurance, vendor accruals, and cash clearing accounts
- Preparation of related account reconciliations including multiple bank reconciliations
- Various consolidating analysis in support of management and financial reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Respond to questions from regional accountants, external auditors, and internal auditors
- Perform research within the general ledger and work with IT regarding the flow of transactions
- Perform limited analysis and gain understanding of variances for designated areas of responsibility
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley testing and special projects as requested.
What qualifies me for this Senior Accountant Consultant position?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in general accounting and financial reporting
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of accounting software such as SAP and HFM/Hyperion
- Proficient with MS Office Suite in particular Excel
- Proven attention to detail; demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to create and work with spreadsheets and databases