· We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to assist in general accounting operations by compiling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close entries. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with a team of Accountants.
Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile intercompany/intracompany accounts payable and receivable
- Compile and submit multi-state sales/use tax returns
- Compile selected customer invoices and reconcile postage charges
- Track open jobs and follow-up on status
- Maintain fixed asset records, including additions/disposals and monthly depreciation expense calculation
- Coordinate monthly physical inventory with Production staff, analyze quantity variances
- Compile monthly general ledger reconciliation reports
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Provide technical support and advice
- Participate in forecast process
- Assist with internal audits and sales/use tax audits
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as an accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages; experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups, SUMIFs and pivot tables
- Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) a plus