Do you have 3 years public or corporate accounting experience? Do you have a CPA? Interested in joining an innovative energy company? Peoples Natural Gas has an exciting opportunity at our corporate office on the North Shore of Pittsburgh.
At Peoples, we are more than just an energy provider. We are a company that is truly passionate about serving our customers.
Peoples Natural Gas is an energy company in Pennsylvania, providing Western Pennsylvania with clean, safe and reliable natural gas for more than 130 years and has a combined workforce of almost 1,300 employees. Peoples has been a committed partner and leader in the natural gas industry, currently providing reliable energy to more than 700,000 customers. Our mission of Making Lives Better is redefining the way we serve our customers. We are committed to being an environmental leader utilizing technology and innovation to create cleaner, more reliable energy sources.
Our employees are rewarded with the opportunity for advancement and to gain experience in a variety of interesting roles. We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus program and a comprehensive benefits package. Health benefits are comprised of medical, dental and vision coverage, including the option for family coverage. In addition, employees are compensated with vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, life insurance, LTD insurance, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Peoples is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons, regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Peoples Natural Gas is committed as an equal opportunity employer. To maintain the integrity of the recruitment process and to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest due to employment and/or assignment of family members and personal referrals, specific guidelines apply to the hiring and assignment of these individuals, including, but not limited to:
- Family members cannot result in a supervisor/subordinate reporting relationship
- Family members cannot work in the same department
Under limited supervision, the Senior Accountant performs highly complex activities relating to capital budget development and the resultant reports. Performs regulatory account analysis, PUC annual report preparation, and provides audit support.
- Participate in or lead development and maintenance of capital budget/forecast.
- Prepare monthly capital budget reports and analysis for management (reports, variance analysis, gathering forecast information).
- Collaborate with the business areas to develop and monitor business operating metrics.
- Participate in or lead the annual depreciation study process.
- Complete PUC annual reporting and rate case support.
- Provide audit support – external/internal/regulatory.
- Adhere to account control procedures.
- Perform regulatory account analysis.
- Participate in closing function under limited supervision
- Prepare and post journal entries
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, budgeting and cost control principles; automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word and SAP ERP software BW).
- Strong problem assessment and solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Knowledge of SEC, GAAP and other federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data and prepare accounting reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to participate in and prioritize several tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Knowledge of natural gas industry operations terms and federal, state and local relevant regulations preferred.
Experience/ Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business or Economics required; demonstrated experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Minimum of three years' experience in public and/or corporate accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Working conditions may include approximately 10% travel to work sites of Peoples and/or other constituents.
- Perform sedentary work- exerting up to ten pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- See, hear, talk, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Operate standard office equipment.