Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Senior Accountant, Regulatory Affairs in the BID - Regulatory Affairs group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide federal and state regulatory and accounting expertise to CFC and its members.
As a Senior Accountant, Regulatory Affairs, you will:
- Provide support to other aspects of Regulatory Affairs as required, including but not limited to: Determination of revenue requirements, cost of service analysis, rate design, and cooperative taxation issues associated with revenue requirements, and patronage capital issues.
• Consult with members regarding compliance with federal regulatory and accounting issues, as well as federal, state and local filing and reporting requirements.
• Develop complex financial models, including but not limited to financial planning models.
• Develop federal and state regulatory filings.
• Testify before federal/state commissions and legislative bodies regarding regulatory accounting, GAAP, emerging issues, and cooperative tax issues.
• Perform research on regulatory, accounting and disclosure rules, write reports and provide updates of products and services to CFC and its members.
• Evaluate emerging regulatory and accounting issues facing cooperative utilities.
• Author technical papers, educational manuals, and/or supplements on various financial industry topics.
To be successful, you will need:
- BS/BA in accounting. CPA required.
• Minimum 10 years of varied and progressive accounting experience, either for an accounting firm with audit experience with public utilities or cooperative utilities, or a regulated electric/gas utility company as a member of its financial management team.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.