Collectors Universe, the leading provider of authentication and grading services to the high-end collectibles market, seeks a Senior Accountant with 5 - 7 years of strong accounting experience in a high volume, preferably service environment. This position will assist the accounting department with the fast-paced month end closing process in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as US GAAP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Perform daily reconciliation of cash as required by the UCC
- Perform month-end journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure consistency and accuracy of financial reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Maintain, reconcile, and analyze general ledger accounts
- Ensure accuracy of data and independently resolve accounting issues
- Prepare and evaluate balance sheet and income statement information
- Heavy analysis, comparison to budget and prior year, provide explanations of variances to management
- Interface with internal and external auditors for audit requirements
- Support FP&A by performing budget, forecast and trend analysis to ensure accuracy of financial statements to allow for informed business decisions
- Report and file multiple state sales & use tax as well as unclaimed property returns
- Provide support and guidance to Staff Accountants
- Other duties as assigned
Skills Required to be Successful in the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business required. CPA license is a plus.
- 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible accounting experience in all areas of general accounting.
- Public company experience desirable.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and the general ledger.
- Exposure to international operations, foreign currency translation and consolidations a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Organized, solution-oriented, flexible and able to prioritize.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well with all departments.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision and/or JET reports experience a plus.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, PTO & PSL
For consideration please forward resume and salary requirements to: email@example.comHelp
To find out more about our company check us out on the Internet at www.collectorsuniverse.com.
No recruiters/agencies please. EEO This is not a contract assignment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in U.S.