RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is actively seeking an experienced, Senior Accountant for a Tampa, Florida (FL) client.
The day to day responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Responsible for day to day activities of accounting for higher risk more complex transactions and account balances and performance of the month-end financial statement close processes and internal controls related to those transactions and account balances
- Assists with various analyses and requests from management and other departments
- Provides guidance and training to lower-level accounting staff
- Responsible for higher risk or more complex transactions and account balances such as Medicare Part D accounting, Medicare and Medicaid revenue, IBNR and medical costs, etc.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for assigned areas including a detailed understanding of the underlying processes and transactions and the ability to analyze anomalies and recommend course of actions; Work with related departments to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting of those areas
- Communicate issues clearly and confidently with management and other departments
- Responsible for timely accurate financial statement close (related to assigned accounts/transactions) each month
- Monitor tasks owned and proactively identify / resolve delays and / or issues; Ensure progress is communicated to Supervisor
- Create and upload journal entries; Appropriately document and support all transactions
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and analyses for assigned accounts
- Perform and document all related internal controls and maintain appropriate evidence
- Reconcile investment and bank statements to general ledger
- Comply with all corporate policies; GAAP standards and statutory requirements
- Proactively identify inconsistencies, errors and / or issues and recommend actions / resolution to supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in general accounting required
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.