Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers' needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can't be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communications solutions.
SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government.
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide expensive satellite coverage of all of the world's seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams.
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
The (Senior) Analyst, Cyber Security Incident Response will monitor and analyse security events from multiple sources and manage security incidents to ensure a coordinated, timely and effective response to security incidents. The individual in this role will ensure SES security incident response readiness and drive the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of SES’s security incident response framework. He/she will support key security management processes by providing intelligence from security incidents and identified vulnerabilities and threats.
This position will be based in Princeton, New Jersey; Washington, DC; or Manassas, Virginia.
- Collect and analyse security information from different information resources to identify relevant threats and vulnerabilities and disseminate synthesized intelligence information within SES
- Monitor and analyse security events from multiple sources to identify security incidents
- Perform in-depth technical analyses of security threats and incidents, including malware analysis, network and system forensic analyses
- Manage security incidents to ensure a coordinated, timely and effective response to security incidents
- Assess and triage security incidents and coordinate the appropriate notifications and escalations in a timely manner
- Coordinate response actions in virtual incident response teams
- Document security incidents, including analysis results, the timeline of events and incident response activities
- Ensure SES security incident response readiness by driving the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of SES’s security incident response framework, including
- relevant policies, processes and procedures,
- incident response tools and
- training of actors in the response process
- Provide synthesized intelligence from different information resources and security incidents to support key security management processes, such as
- the development and promotion of information security policies, standards, processes and procedures and monitoring compliance to the information security policy framework
- information security risk management and
- the development and maintenance of SES’s information security awareness program
- Travel and on-call duty as required
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional incident response teams and work, both autonomously and in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent experience in managing large and small scale incidents
- Autonomous, innovative mind with sound analytical skills
- Stress resistance and able to manage multiple incidents and tasks at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent team player
- Ability to effectively interact with organizational stakeholders
- Degree in Computer Science and minimum of 3 (6) years industry related experience in computer security and incident response
- Excellent experience managing large and small scale incidents
- Solid knowledge of and hands-on experience with state of the art incident response and forensics tools, techniques and tactics
- Experienced in employing best practices and forensically sound principles, such as evidence handling and chain of custody
- Good experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Experienced in capturing memory, disk images and network traffic and analyzing them for indicators of compromise
- Good experience in analyzing and triaging security events from various sources
- Good programming and scripting skills in different programming/scripting languages
- Excellent understanding of the tools and tactics used by different threat agents
- In-depth knowledge of computer forensics, security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Strong knowledge in system security, application security and network security
- In-depth system security knowledge (multiple operating systems, including Windows platforms, and Linux) and application security knowledge, including a clear understanding of their vulnerabilities, exploits and how to secure them
- Solid working knowledge of security technologies, such as Antivirus, Network and Host Intrusion Detection Systems, Web Proxy/Content Filtering, Authentication technologies, Security Information and Event Management
- Relevant security certifications (e.g., GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, GCIA) and product certifications are a plus
- NATO/EU SECRET clearances are considered a strong asset. Candidate must be willing to undergo a security clearance procedure as this position might require holding security clearance
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Other Key Requirements/Comments
- Travel and on-call duty as required
- Openness for worktime flexibility within 6 AM - 10 PM timeframe
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.