About The Company
Our client, a cell separation technology company is currently seeking a Senior Application Scientist to join their R&D team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly technical, driven individual to join a growing organization as they prepare for product launch, and will have an immediate impact on generating revenue and helping to bring products from concept to commercialization.
- Researching methods and developing assays and experimental studies to benchmark product performance against requirements and competitors with guidance from clinical advisors, KOL’s, Research, Product Development, Clinical, Regulatory and Marketing teams
- Working alongside cross functional company teams to establish application-specific product requirements derived from user needs
- Serves as a key internal voice of customer scientific representative in the development and evaluation of product performance
- Assisting with product deployment to external sites, including contributions to documentation, user training and overseeing technical deliverables
- Collaborating with Field Application Specialists to support pre-sales pipeline efforts and existing customers
- Planning and analyzing internal and external bench and preclinical studies using statistical tools
- Leading, mentoring and directing the research activities of a small team of scientists and engineers
- Relaying technical issues and risks to the team; proposing solutions and mitigation strategies
- Preparing documents, presentations and technical publications to support sales and marketing efforts
- Generating patent disclosures and support Intellectual Property and regulatory filings.
- PhD with experience in cellular and molecular biology, biomedical experience a plus.
- 5+ years of protocol, assay, and application development experience with commercial, medical and/or diagnostic devices; pre-clinical animal model experience preferred
- Must have experience participating in commercial product projects
- Working knowledge of FDA, GLP, GCP, GMP and ISO regulations
- Full understanding of flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, histology, cell culture, cell-based functional assays, ELISA, PCR and related techniques required
- Advanced understanding of statistical analysis and Design of Experiment software tools
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and fosters an environment of collaboration, demonstrated track record of leader/mentorship
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in cell therapy or working with blood cells highly preferred
- Local candidates only. Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.comHelp