About Lesley University:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 87,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
Information on the Department:
Highly evolved and uniquely conceptualized, our pace-setting programs in Expressive Therapies provide a meaningful connection between the arts, theory, and practice in clinical training. As one of the most recognized Expressive Therapies programs in the world, our students are expertly trained and qualified providers of mental health services.
The goal of the Expressive Therapies Program is to give students the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to practice in a range of professional settings, including health care facilities, schools, community agencies, and private practices. The Expressive Therapies 60-credit programs are designed to meet the academic and field training requirements for mental health counselor licensure in Massachusetts, and our specialization tracks prepare graduates for certification by national and professional associations.
When the Expressive Therapies program was founded in 1973, it was one of the first graduate programs in the country to train professionals in this emerging, creative, and vital field. More than 40 years later, the program continues to push the boundaries of expressive therapies knowledge and training. Our extraordinary faculty of artist-practitioner-scholars helps students to develop their identities as artists and clinical mental health providers.
The Expressive Therapies Division of Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts invites applicants for a full-time position as low residency academic affairs associate. Reporting to the Supervisor of Academic Affairs and working closely with the Division Director, the Low Residency Academic Affairs Associate will provide specific support related to scheduling, administration, and adjunct faculty support with CBA requirements for both the low residency and on campus Master's programs in the Expressive Therapies Division. S/he will work on adjunct faculty development that supports teaching and instruction, along with course management to track the number of courses available for adjunct teaching on an annual basis. S/he will provide specific oversight and support for the online faculty and course shells. This position will also interact with the Registrar's and other University offices.
- Master's Degree in Expressive Therapies or any arts therapy specialization.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in holding multiple perspectives, dealing with a wide variety of people in varied roles and experience with conflict resolution.
- Familiarity with all modalities in the Expressive Therapies, including certification requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Evidence of organizational and institutional managerial and supervisory skills and clear judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritize extensive workload with shifting priorities.
- Tech savvy with a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, File Maker Pro.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and a strong and informed systemic perspective.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
- Minimum of three years of teaching experience with on-line teaching experiencing.
Salary Grade 26: $58,990 - $70,198
Background checks are required for all positions.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.