Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
We are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer with exceptional Python Object oriented programming skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Develop new libraries, implement new features and own large parts of automation framework and Features.
- Document all automation code in doxygen format and formalize the docs for SW releases
- Support the QA team by writing test cases in xml Format to expand automated test coverage
- Mentor junior automation engineers/interns in the team lead large portions of the automation framework development
- Work with the CI (Continuous integration) team to add/enhance build/check-in triggered automated validation tests
- Investigate, innovate and architect solutions for automating control/configuration of mobile (Android, Windows, iOS etc.) devices.
- Add automation support in existing framework to support new feature testing of SCW products
- Enhance automation framework to interface with external systems such as Jira, TestRail, Databases, Bamboo/Build systems etc.
Must have Requirements:
- Bachelors (5+ years) or Masters (3+ years) in Computer Science, Computer engineering or related field required.
- Overall 2+ years of automation experience with 1+ years in python Object Oriented programming.
- Experience with linux development environments
- Good understanding of computer networking fundamentals
Good to have Requirements:
- Good understanding and prior experience with test automation framework development required
- Through understanding of SW development practices, Version control, documentation, code reviews, defect tracking etc.
- Prior automation experiences with networking devices (routers, SNMP servers, DNS servers etc.) a Plus.
- Experience with Splunk tool Scripting, REST API Automation, UI automation, Selenium web driver etc. a plus
- Hands on with Web development frameworks like Angular JS & no SQL Database development like Mongo DB is plus.
- Data Analysis & Visualization using python
- Strong oral and written communications skills with Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time is required
- Experience with elastic search
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence algorithms.
This position supports immigration sponsorship
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.