Requisition ID: 20471
Job Function: Engineering (40000045)
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for integrating autonomous manufacturing applications using collaborative and industrial robots. They need to have a strong machine PLC controls skill set to be able to work with existing automation and equipment. Creativity is a must as new and innovative solutions using cutting edge technology will be used. This individual will take new ideas and concepts through implementation to a finished working model. They will enjoy working with several teams to improve work practices, safety, and efficiency in the plant manufacturing environment.
The Controls, Automation, and Testing group at Whirlpool Marion is a highly technical and talented staff that develops and applies new technology to high volume manufacturing. This group has responsibility for functions including robotic integration, autonomous product testing, machine PLC systems including Supervisory Controls and Data Acquisition.
- 4 year degree/equivalent certification in a technical program
- 5+ Years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC Machine Controls (Logix 5000, SLC 500, Panelview HMI)
- Technical training/certification and experience programming Robots and other manufacturing automation involving machine controls (Fanuc, UR, Yaskawa, Allen Bradley PLC)
- Experience with Vision systems (Cognex preferred, robotic guided and stand alone)
- Project Management and Team Leadership experience
- Strong working knowledge of Robotic Industries Association (RIA) requirements, especially concerning the safety aspects of any robotic integration
- Advanced degree in related field (engineering, MBA, manufacturing, etc.)
- Higher level (trainer, advanced programming, integrator) certification for Fanuc, Yaskawa, or UR
- Manufacturing based MES/SCADA software (Ignition by Inductive Automation, Wonderware, SAP, COSS, Rockwell FactoryTalk, etc)
- Networking experience (Stratix, Cisco, Wireless Access Points, Web Server, SQL server)
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, ERP, Engineering, Marketing, Technology