Supervises teller staff to ensure customers receive consistently high levels of service and to ensure that branch operations are completed effectively and in conformance with established Bank policies, procedures and objectives. Actively participates in supporting branch service and sales goals, and assists Tellers in meeting related goals. Promotes good customer relations through the handling of a wide array of banking transactions. Utilizes knowledge of Bank products and services to proactively assist customers in expanding and deepening their financial relationship with the Bank. Also assists customers with questions and problem resolution, as requested.
- Supervises and schedules the daily activities of the teller staff and ensures that established daily teller and branch balancing routines are completed in a timely and accurate fashion. Ensures that staff resources are utilized in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assists tellers with complex and/or difficult customer transactions. Determines appropriate actions for customer inquires and service problems. Ensures timely resolution of service-related issues.
- Partners with the Manager and Assistant Branch Manager to ensure that teller staff is actively participating in attaining branch sales and service goals.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews. Provides ongoing communication, coaching, and feedback to staff regarding performance and goals.
- Maintains primary responsibility for vault cash, including cash orders and shipments, and the accuracy thereof. Ensures adherence to security and audit related protocols, including cash audits.
- Assists customers with the acquisition of new products and services while providing consistently high levels of customer service. Opens various accounts and facilitates the resolution of service-related issues and problems.
- Processes a variety of financially related transactions to assist customers. Completes said transactions in an efficient, accurate and professional manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services. Utilizes said knowledge to identify and actively pursue needs-based sales opportunities in keeping with established objectives. Also uses said knowledge to effectively refer sales opportunities to other departments.
- Assists customers with the loan application process and processes applications in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. Conducts loan closings as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services sufficient to answer product and service related questions and make proper referrals.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed security and regulatory guidelines. Maintains proficiency in regulatory compliance and industry developments and apprises staff of same.
- Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and business attire.
- Completes all prescribed training in a timely fashion, as requested.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be requested.
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with manager where clarification or exception to Bank policy may be required.
High School diploma or its equivalent.
At least four years of teller experience or two years of supervisory experience.
Demonstrated supervisory, customer service, sales, organization, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
Must also possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months.
Must be able to work extended and weekend hours. Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25 pounds.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.