Promotes good customer relations through the handling of a wide array of banking transactions. Utilizes knowledge of Bank products and services to proactively assist customers in expanding and deepening their financial relationship with the Bank. Also assists customers with questions and problem resolution, as requested. Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, in conformance with established Bank policies, procedures and objectives. Provides the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers. May assist Tellers and Banking Specialists with more complex transactions.
- May perform the functions of an Assistant Branch Manager in absence of said Manager. May also oversee the opening and/or closing of the branch office. Consults with a regional branch manager for guidance on issues that may exceed scope of authority.
- Assists customers with the acquisition of new products and services while providing consistently high levels of customer service. Opens various accounts and facilitates the resolution of service-related issues and problems.
- Processes a variety of financially related transactions to assist customers. Completes said transactions in an efficient, accurate and professional manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services. Utilizes said knowledge to identify and actively pursue needs-based sales opportunities in keeping with established objectives. Also uses said knowledge to effectively refer sales opportunities to other departments.
- Assists customers with the loan application process and processes applications in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. Conducts loan closings as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of Bank products and services sufficient to answer product and service related questions and make proper referrals.
- Balances transactions and cash at the end of the day and participates in branch settlement.
- Ensures that transactions are processed and that proper documentation is completed within established time frames.
- Assist Manager with completion of other duties such as balancing of ATMs and ordering of stock, as requested.
- Represents the Bank by participating in various community activities.
- Actively works with immediate supervisor to meet or exceed assigned personal, sales and service goals.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed security and regulatory guidelines. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and business attire.
- Completes all prescribed training in a timely fashion, as requested.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be requested.
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with Manager where clarification or exception to Bank policy may be required.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years of teller experience or similar customer service-related position within banking.
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours. Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EO/AA Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.