Who we are
Atreca is an integrated biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California (moving in 2021 to a new campus in San Carlos, CA). We apply our proprietary drug discovery platform to profile clinically relevant, active B cell responses in patients receiving successful treatment and, in turn, develop a portfolio of antibody therapeutics against novel tumor targets with the potential to treat large patient populations. Atreca seeks talented, driven individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health and are motivated to become key members of a growing biotechnology company.
The software engineer’s expertise in handling large data sets, analysis, pipeline development skills, knowledge of algorithms and databases will be used to build robust, scalable solutions for immune-genomics profiling and drug discovery screening. You will work closely with computational scientists to determine requirements for our computational systems, and implement the code necessary to enhancing our drug discovery efforts. You will make key contributions to the team transforming the world’s most comprehensive and highest fidelity view of immune responses into breakthrough medicines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- lead bioinformatics software engineering efforts
- set up appropriate SW engineering processes to improve development efficiency
- gather specifications for bioinformatics systems and implement them
- develop re-usable bioinformatics software libraries
- ensure bioinformatics codebase is covered by suitable tests
- ensure bioinformatics codebase is documented
- ensure code is suitably optimized for performance
- improve efficiency/reduce costs of our AWS usage
Required Skills and Qualifications
- be fluent in at least SQL, Python, R and C++
- have experience developing code to process large data sets
- have experience building data processing pipelines
- have algorithm development experience
- be Unix experts
- have database modelling experience
- all candidates must complete a technical assessment as a part of the interview process
- be experts in cloud-based computation (AWS preferred)
- have previous experience in a bioinformatics environment
- have previous experience working with a drug discovery team
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.