Join a successful competitor in risk mitigation as they build out their US presence here in Boston, one of their 5 US offices. You will take on the task of managing a small remote (virtual) sales team.
Our client takes an integrated and proactive approach to risk management. Supporting 60,000 clients across 130 countries.
The Senior Business Development Director's principal objective is to drive business growth by maximizing the effectiveness of the existing sales operations to secure high value business for the company's range of specialist Standards products and solutions.
This will be achieved by not only delivering against a personal sales target, but also through providing local sales leadership to the team of business development managers. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining an in depth understanding of the company's range of services and solutions within the Knowledge portfolio,;
- Establishing contact, meeting and presenting to key individuals in target organisations to introduce the company's range of products and services, understand the business drivers of the client and provide appropriate solutions;
- Establishing and managing a sales pipeline of opportunities to deliver against personal new business targets
- Helping manage the sales pipeline for the broader sales team
- Embedding a professional and structured sales culture within the business. Coaching the sales team on their telesales approach and building a skill set to conduct face to face sales meetings with key executives;
- Providing ongoing leadership, direction and motivation for the team;
- Building reputation within clients as a provider of creative ideas, innovative and effective solutions for their business, thereby consolidating and extending our market position;
- Preparing sales and territory and account plans;
- Providing insightful reporting and commentary on a monthly basis of business development activities, market dynamics, achievement against business plans and overall strategic goals.
- Identifying any partnerships and alliances that could broaden and strengthen the current range of content or technology platform.
- recommending developments for the existing product portfolio
Regular travel in US and Canada should be anticipated.
- 10+ years in Saas Sales
- 5+ years in sales leadership role
- Relevant sales experience in a business-to-business environment, selling Information Services and or software subscription licensing ideally in Professional Services/Consulting, Banking & Finance, IT, Medical Device, Agri Food, Automotive, OEM, Aerospace, & Energy or related services - ideally 5 years plus sales experience linked with:
- A proven record of achievement in high-value sales, new business development, account management, solution sales or similar;
- Experience and success in managing high-value and complex relationships with senior management in large corporations;
- Ideally, but not essential a good understanding of standards, governance, risk and compliance issues affecting international businesses;
- Good IT literacy and skills;
- A degree level education.
Apply now and those qualified will be contacted to discuss the opportunity in depth.