Senior CRM Solutions Developer
Salary: up to $135,000 Commensurate with Experience
Excellent Benefits Package
Who We Are:
The NYC Department of Information Technology & Telecommunication (DoITT) is New York City government’s technology leader. Our mission is to modernize IT infrastructure and service delivery in government; implement state-of-the-art information technology solutions to improve public services; make government more transparent and accountable; and employ cutting-edge tools, methods, and partnerships to empower New Yorkers. Our services touch every aspect of City life: from public safety to human services, from education to economic development, our services cross the full spectrum of governmental operations.
To fulfill our mission, we develop and support applications, maintain efficient and reliable computing and network platforms, develop sophisticated security tools and policies, and ensure the reliability of IT infrastructure and enterprise systems through redundancy and disaster recovery planning. We also negotiate service agreements with telecommunications providers doing business with City agencies and administer franchise agreements with telecommunications and cable television providers that serve NYC residents.
Our Strategic Initiatives & Enterprise Applications unit has an opportunity for an experienced Senior CRM Solutions Developer to design and implement various CRM solutions.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Business Solutions Delivery division, the Senior CRM Solutions Developer will contribute to various high-profile NYC IT projects. You will utilize your deep experience in CRM systems technical architecture and development to:
- Develop, technical design, configure and component test COTS solutions and custom applications like Dynamics CRM, Salesforce etc.
- Build sophisticated Citywide Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and xRM projects, building integrations with COTS and other agency legacy systems
- Configure and develop according to approved application design documents and in accordance with DoITT configuration, scripting and development standards and processes
- Create and executing Unit Test scripts
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the QA and Support teams
- Participate in integration, system, and performance testing as needed;
- Work with other teams to validate defect fixes
- Recommend design modifications to improve system performance and usability
- Critically analyze business requirements and functional design and propose alternate approaches where appropriate
- Work with other configurators, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and customization meet application requirements and performance goals
- Identify solutions to system performance and usability issues
- Document and track resolution of system issues.
We are looking for candidates who not only have the required experience and skills, but can demonstrate a high level of professionalism and customer service. If you are an IT professional who combines high business acumen with technical expertise and team collaboration, you are strongly encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate possesses the following experience and skills:
- Experience in developing Customer Relationship Management Systems or xRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM/AX, Salesforce etc.
- Strong understanding of client/server architecture in on-premise, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Architectures
- Experience with industry leading CRM/xRM Systems – in a large enterprise scale environment:
- Configuration & Customization
- Workflow Development
- Schema/Entity Model Extension
- Performance Tuning
- Application Integration with Messaging Queues such as Azure Service Bus, IBM MQ, and Biz Talk
- Experience with Java Scripts to customize UI/combination of Java Script and C sharp
- Experience creating Web Services, execute methods that insert, update and delete data objects
- API Development and Integration
- Develop plug-ins for CRM applications
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Experience with any version control Tool like TFS and Jeera
- Experience with any Reporting Tool like SSRS
- Technical hands-on experience coding and providing technical design architecture for one or more of the following technologies:
- .Net programming with C# and/or VB.Net
- Relational databases Oracle and SQL
BA/BS and 4 years of related technology experience with 18 months in a managerial/lead capacity
Education and Experience equivalent.
Please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #349499
Email resume to Recruit@doitt.nyc.gov
(Indicate '349499 – Senior CRM Solutions Developer' in subject line)
Special Note: Taking and passing civil service exams are necessary to maintain employment with the City of New York. Please check the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) website (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/exam_monthly.shtml) for important exam filing information. Please ensure that you are either a permanent employee in the civil service title listed on this posting, or, that you file for the examination when there is an open filing period. For more information regarding the civil service process, please visit the DCAS website at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/work.shtml
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
Visit us at www.nyc.gov/DoITT
The Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers
DoITT participates in E-Verify