Senior Cognos Developer / Columbus OH
DAY TO DAY DUTIES -
Develops and enhances a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Responsible for the development enterprise data warehouse artifacts and corresponding data marts and Cognos Frameworks.
- Must demonstrate the ability to mediate and bridge the relationship between technical and business stakeholders without compromising the needs of the solution users and the strategic goals of the organization.
- Conducts research into new data warehouse applications and determines viability for adoption.
- Assists in establishing development standards.
- Work with technical team and SMEs to refactor BO report suites into Cognos reports and/or dashboards
- Incorporates existing subject areas into an enterprise model.
- The responsibilities also include troubleshooting application issues and/or data issues as needed.
- Conduct research and perform complex analysis to address a variety of issues as they arise.
- Must be able to provide high quality solutions that promote efficiency and enterprise-wide standardization.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Reviews data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy.
- Creates new or enhanced components of the data warehouse.
- 12+ years' experience designing, implementing, and maintaining large enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solutions, with an emphasis on Cognos
- In-depth experience with Cognos 11 Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Viewer and Business Insights
- Understands the Cognos 11 product suite and recommends the best use of the functionality
- Experience with all aspects of data warehousing, including data modeling, integration, and OLAP
- Leverages knowledge of industry, solutions, and best practices to design and implement solutions
- Experience providing technical leadership on complex projects following recognized software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Ability to communicate with and influence others within IT and business groups
- SAP Business Objects experience would be a big plus