Job Title: Senior Commercial Contracts Manager
Job Location: Franklin Lakes, NJ
Position Type: Direct Hire- Full Time
One of the nation's leading device manufacturers seeks an Associate Director for Offer Development Commercial Contracting. This position manages a portfolio of agreements from the Offer Development to Signature, touching all US Business Segments. This strategic role leads specific contracting capabilities, combining strengths and best practices which will be successfully accomplished through leadership and best practice contract development and associated policies, ensuring that the US Commercial Operations strategy is implemented.
- Lead the Offer Development Contracting capability within the Contracting Center of Excellence, including all talent selection and overall team development, process harmonization, systems design and deployment
- Manage contracting activities from request to signature for consumable products across specific US Region's BUs and products.
- Directs the sales contracts lifecycle including planning, drafting/redlining, negotiation directly with customers (C-Suite, Supply Chain execs, Portfolio Managers) execution, amendment, extension and retirement. Provides team-based direct support of Distributor/Channel (CMG) Leaders, as well as indirect support (through Commercial Integrators) of Strategic Customer Vice Presidents, Corporate Program Directors, Sales Vice Presidents/Leaders and Solutions team. Negotiate directly with customers.
- Serves the BU and Strategic Customer teams as key internal-business partners, with high quality, responsive service, negotiation competencies and value add to drive revenue growth
- Works closely with Commercial Analytics and Insights partners and Commercial Integrators/BU representatives to adapt customer offer proposals into customer contract terms and conditions.
- Implements contracting, incentive and pricing strategies, policies and processes through day-to-day execution, as well as advising on potential new offers to meet customer/market needs.
- Ensures that risk is mitigated and provisions are preferred or acceptable per company standard
- Work closely with Commercial Contract GPO Offer Development pillar counterpart to ensure consistency with policies, procedures and overall general provisions across customer segments
- Manages a defined contract review/approval workflow process, ensuring appropriate process is in place and enforced, liaising with Business/Legal as needed
- Directly engage in process improvement projects (templates, standard terms, system updates, etc.) to drive operational efficiencies and standardization
- Actively utilizes and define new technology platforms and electronic systems (Excel/QlikView/ Lotus Notes/CLM tool) functionality and ensure that performance appropriately supports contract offer activities, workflow management and archiving database as required by company policies
- Hold accountability for team goals and KPIs (e.g., contract cycle time)
- Have strong functional, business and strategic expertise with the ability to impact the outcome of corporate financial objectives
- Inspire and empower direct team to act with speed, agility and accountability enabling them to achieve excellence
- This leadership position directly manages an overall organization of 4 personnel: attract, develop, and retain talent, helping to guide career paths and driving employee satisfaction
- This leadership position directly manages approx. 4 associates, with primary US Region accountability.
- A Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with a Matrixed Organization
- Minimum of 7-10 years of overall contracting experience. A minimum of 3 years with Governmental Contracts is preferred.
- Experience leading contract compliance standards and audit procedures
- Experienced with Anti-Kickback, Anti-trust, and or Sarbanes Oxley projects.
- Strong financial and analytical capabilities and the ability to work with and manipulate large data sets is required
- Minimum of 10 years leading teams with a proven track record of accomplishments, required
- Customer facing experience –
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively with others to achieve individual business unit and region goals, continually communicating with stakeholders on progress, issues and opportunities
- Previous experience working in Life Sciences, preferably within Medical Devices, with an in-depth knowledge of customer types, business models and industry practices and processes - highly preferred
- High performing, credible professional, with a track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams and projects and continuous improvement initiatives that support the team's development and capabilities as well as for the overall Federal Government business
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to network, communicate and advise with top management of various functions, strong cross-functional and business knowledge
- Superior communication and influencing skills with the ability to effectively understand and communicate detailed and complex information with others, including government officials
- Highly strategic and analytical problem solver with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Able to evaluate key business drivers and develop clear strategic recommendations
- Extensive and demonstrated background in effectively managing people and fostering career development; proven coaching, mentoring and leadership skills
- Ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations
- Experienced leading change during ambiguous times
- Skilled in SAP Business Information Warehouse and applications; preferred
- Ability to travel – up to 15% (team and businesses supported are dispersed across multiple business sites)