Senior Cyber Security Integration Engineer
Secret Required to Start (TS Preferred)
Years of experience
6+ in the Information Security, Systems Integration, or Engineering field
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Certifications - Preferred but not absolutely required:
The Senior Cyber Security Integration Engineer supports the IT engineering team of a major federal customer providing security services including cyber incident response, threat analysis and security operations support.
The Senior Cyber Security Integration Engineer will provide technical expertise working independently and/or with other engineers. The primary area of responsibility will be evaluating, integrating, and deploying new cyber security tools and capabilities. The individual will evaluate new security technologies and make appropriate recommendations to ensure technical assessment capabilities remain current.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber security in the domains of security operations, security architecture, framework and standards, governance, and threat intelligence.
This effort will require a skilled Senior Integrations Engineer in order to facilitate the implementation of industry standardized and consistent processes in support of systems integration and project management.
- Serve as technical lead on assigned projects and interface directly with customers during requirements gather, system design, and implementation.
- Analyze market research and customer requirements; derive high-level system requirements and produce functional and technical requirements.
- Translate client requirements into major milestones and deliverables
- Perform system integration activities; Product evaluation, system builds/installation, system assessments, system transition (O&M)
- Draft supporting system documentation; system design, system diagram, system security plan, etc…
- Work hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, Days Monday – Friday in Beltsville, MD.
Qualifications Basic Requirements:
- 6+ years of Information Security, Systems Integration, Network Engineering, or System Engineering experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle and Project Management Framework.
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Linux/Unix system engineering and security hardening experience
- Windows system engineering and security hardening experience
- Experience configuring and hardening network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Experience with IDS/IPS products (Ex: Snort, Suricata, Cisco, ISS, McAfee)
- Experience with network devices and boundary protections (Ex: Cisco Switching, Firewalls)
- Experience with Packet Capture & Inspection technology (Ex: RSA Security Analytics, Netwitness, Moloch)
- Experience working with Automated Dynamic Malware Analysis tools (FireEye)
- Experience with Information and Event Management technology (SIEM, Splunk, Syslog, RSyslog)
- Experiencing supporting Accreditation and Authorization process. Mitigating compliance audit and vulnerability findings.