Job Title: Senior Cyber Security Specialist
Location: Ft Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance:
Desired Certifications: DoD IAT Level II compliant; SEC+CE. Must be able to obtain CISSP certification within 6 months of start date.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Required Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Cyber Security experience
· Experience with Information Assurance/Cybersecurity reporting and documentation including IA reports, vulnerability assessments, asset management transfer documents, system diagrams and charts and SOP’s.
· Experience and knowledge of HBSS, ACAS, RMF and other DoD tools, processes and regulations.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
· Manage IA program for Department of Defense (DoD) customer in accordance with DoDI 8500.2, DoDD 8500.01E, DoDD 8570.01M and AR-25-2.
· Conduct ACAS vulnerability scans, analyze scan results, and create report for mitigation and management awareness.
· Track Information Assurance Vulnerabilities and report mitigation status.
· Analyze IPS events, response UDCI incidents and report to IAM and other organizations in accordance with incident response plan.
· Administrate Host Based Security System (HBSS) to tune policies and ensure hosts are centrally managed.
· Conduct IA awareness training to new employees.
· Conduct semi-annual reviews of all Information Systems (IS) and networks to ensure no security changes have been made to invalidate the C&A.
· Conduct reviews of the network architecture for vulnerabilities.
· Conduct required IAVM scanning and vulnerability assessments with DoD approved software ACAS as authorized. Ensure change management includes all pertinent patches and fixes by routinely reviewing vendor sites, bulletins, and notifications.
· Ensure measures and procedures used at network nodes support the security integrity of the network and comply with applicable directives.
· Conduct IA In-brief to all newly hired personnel.
· Ensure implementation of IAVM dissemination, reporting, and compliance procedures. Conduct reviews of network threats and vulnerabilities per this regulation and the IAVM process. Record IAVM compliance in the Asset and Vulnerability Tracking Resource (A&VTR) database or other database.
· Report security violations and incidents to the servicing RCERT in accordance with local policy.
· Review and evaluate the effects on security of changes to the network, including interfaces with other networks, perform required monitoring of network resources and analyze and maintain network audit data.
· Ensure log files and audits are maintained and reviewed for all systems and that authentication policies are audited for compliance Review IS and network audit logs and log files, and report anomalous or suspicious information in accordance with policy.
· Maintain current anti-virus (AV) engines and definitions on all ISs. Administer HBSS on all systems and networks.
· Ensure all DISA STIGS are applied to networks, network devices and information systems where applicable. Scan all networks, network devices and information systems using the DISA S-CAP solution to ensure compliance with STIGS.
· Complete required FISMA and Cyber Security reports by suspense date and report to IAO.
· Verify that all requirements for system access to an Information System are met and that there is a signed Acceptable Use Agreement on file.
· Write/assist in the preparation, distribution, coordination and maintenance of plans, instructions, policies, guidance and standard operation procedures necessary for implementation of the organizations Information Assurance (IA) /Cyber Security (CS) program, and serve as a focal point for the agencies IA/CS program.
· Ensure the organization’s supported users receive initial and annual Cyber Awareness training by verifying in Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS) / iCompass or other organizational-specific tracking system. Report non-compliance to the supported organizations Information Assurance Manager (IAO) per established policy and procedure.
· Assist the supported IAO in ensuring that a Certification and Accreditation package is prepared and maintained in accordance with the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and/or Risk Management Framework (RMF).
· Ensure implementation and verification of compliance with the organization’s SOP address the reporting of security violations and incidents to the servicing Regional Computer Emergency Response Team (RCERT).
· Administer JSP-managed IA training, to include the annual IA user awareness training IAW DoDI.
8500.1, Cybersecurity, and compliance with the requirements of DoDD 8140.01and DoD 8570.01- M for the IA Workforce Improvement Program (WIP).