At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Architect – EDW and Analytics, you will design, implement, and manage Data Models, ETLs and Reports/Dashboards/Visualizations that will enable data analysis and business analytics across enterprise that will turn into actionable insights. You are a self-starter, and you are comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams across 10x Genomics. Ideal candidate is an expert of data architecture, design and analysis, building data pipelines and ETL processes with a passion to enable stakeholders with data-driven solutions and insights with highest quality and attention to detail. Thrive to drive continuous improvements across data warehouse and related processes to identify and solve problems proactively, root cause, and optimize.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Partner with various stakeholders within the business across marketing, sales, finance, customer service and products orgs, to understand data needs and to reporting requirements, translate them into definitions and technical specifications to deliver data solutions.
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the company
- Identity and ingest third-party data sources from internal and external sources/vendors to augment our data in a way that eases data usage for our customers.
- Architect, Develop, deploy, and maintain ETL jobs and Reports/Dashboards/Visualizations that can scale with our business.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- Partner with master data management team to ensure master data consistency, accuracy, data governance, and proactively identify any metadata or data warehouse issues with recommendations.
- Shadow customers when possible to build empathy for their problems, understand their workflows, and build user experiences that best support their needs.
- Review the plans and work of other engineers on the team for use in your practice area as well as general maintainability, performance, and correctness.
- Lead business intelligence solutions from requirements to design, develop and timely deployment with highest quality for the assigned areas.
- Seek out and evaluate new libraries and vendors that complement our technology.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in building enterprise data warehouses, data engineering or business intelligence solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or a related analytical discipline
- Extensive hands-on experience in leading large-scale full-lifecycle enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
- Proven skills in data warehousing design/ modeling, tuning, data cleaning, ETL process development, including scalability, performance, and high availability
- Have extensive knowledge building data pipelines and infrastructure that can adapt and scale as data volume grows and customer needs evolve.
- Expert knowledge in data modeling concepts and implementation.
- You understand this area deeply and are excited by both simple data problems and seeking out the most advanced, cutting edge technologies.
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL, ETLs and data analysis
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies including Data Warehouse design, BI reporting, Dashboard development – Preferably, Dell Boomi, Snowflake and Tableau
- Hands on experience in processing large data sets
- Automate data collection, pre-processing, governance & analysis as applicable.
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP System, Salesforce, Marketo, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations – marketing, sales, finance, customer service and products organizations
- Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to VP-level executives to identify data requirements, develop and deliver solutions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
- You should have comfort in ambiguity, take a high-level customer request, product idea, or company requirement and build a solution to meet the need.
- Should be with a growth mind-set, honesty, and humility
- High attention to detail and thrive to deliver high quality data solutions
- Dell Boomi
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.